This information is for borrowers with loans transferred from the U.S. Department of Education to the Oklahoma Student Loan Authority (OSLA) beginning July, 2012, and your account number is an Alpha/Numeric beginning with F or 8 - (Example: F800112200). The top six things that you should know are as follows:
6) It is likely that your account number has changed. Your new account number appears on the Welcome Letter that was sent to you, and it will also be on your monthly, billing statement. This new account number is an alpha/numeric number beginning with the letter F (Example: F800112233). Please use your new account number for correspondence and payments.
5) Online access is AWESOME! Set up an online account in order to manage your account quickly, easily and securely – 24/7. You will be able to set up payments, view account information and much more. Please register and log in to Manage My Account
. You will need to register as a new customer for OSLA’s Manage My Account. It is different than the one you accessed with your previous servicer.
4) If you made a payment immediately prior to your loan being transferred to OSLA, it is possible that the payment was posted to your account by your previous servicer. If not, any payments that were not posted prior to the transfer will be forwarded to OSLA. Please note, allow at least 60-90 days for your account to reflect the transferred payment.
3) If your account was in deferment or forbearance prior to your loan being transferred to OSLA, we will receive that information in the transfer. So, there should be no change to the status of your loan, and the deferment or forbearance should end in the same timeframe as you were previously notified. If your account was in an Income Based Repayment (IBR), Income Contingent Repayment (ICR), or Pay As You Earn (PAYE) repayment plan, with your prior servicer, and the monthly payment with OSLA is higher than you were paying, please contact OSLA’s Customer Service. It is possible that it is time to recertify your eligibility for this repayment plan which must be done every 12 months.
2) If you sent correspondence to your previous servicer and it was not processed prior to the transfer, it will be forwarded to OSLA for handling.
And the #1 thing to know about the transfer………
OSLA is happy to assist you, and we are committed to providing
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE for you!!!